Last updated 13 March 2016
- Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from that information or opinion.
Collection of Personal Information
- Beauty n Health only collects personal information for the purposes of conducting our business as an online directory of services. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our Website;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
- The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details; and
- other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction.
- We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our Website or in the course of a transaction.
- Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected. Alternatively, under the circumstance that you have given us consent or authorised by law.
- Generally, we use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as an online directory of services.
- If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
- We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use and you are given the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further direct marketing communications. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- We may also provide your information to third parties that provide services to us, including third parties that provide marketing, logistics and technology support services.
Security of Your Personal Information
- We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is securely destroyed.
Access to Your Personal Information
- Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
- Generally, we will allow an individual access to the personal information we hold about them within a reasonable time after it is requested. When requesting such access please be specific in relation to the information requested.
You may make a request by sending us an email (see Contact Us section).
- Additional information regarding privacy may be obtained from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.